MagicQ MQ80 - Steps to update the BIOS on older MQ80’s
This changes the BIOS so that the internal monitor (screen) settings do not get disabled randomly.
You can re-enable the monitor settings using the steps in this document linked here
Please only perform this process if directed to do so by ChamSys Support.
- Extract the file new BIOS file in the Zip linked at the bottom of this how-to, and copy it onto a USB drive.
- Connect a USB keyboard to the console.
- Connect the USB stick with the extracted f BIOS file to one of the USB sockets of the console.
- Power up the board
- Enter the BIOS using the Delete key on the external keyboard: Press it multiple times during boot.
- Navigate under the "Advanced" tab to the "Instant Flash" option
- Select the BIOS file from USB and flash
- The processor card will reboot (it will be slow to re-boot the first time).
- MagicQ will startup.
BIOS is then updated.