PC Setting a Static IP in Windows
In Windows 7 and 10, open the Control Panel
- Select the Network and Sharing center
- On the Left side choose "Change Adapter Settings"
- Double Click the network adapter you are going to use as your MQPC/Vis Network
- Choose Properties on the popup window
- in the box that pops up choose "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"
- Select "Use the Following IP Address"
- Set the IP to a range consistent with your network, we recommend the 10.0.0.X range
- Set the Subnet Mask to 255.0.0.0
- the Gateway field can usually be left blank, as can the Preferred and alternate DNS fields.
- Click OK to close the boxes and your Static IP should be set
- you can confirm this by clicking details in the ethernet adapter's properties box.